Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What to look forward to in July 2014

Last month was pretty eventful, with the release of How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Transformers: Age of Extinction, which are both going to be somewhere in my top 5 films of the year. The month of July has only 2 films of enough interest to me that I'd like to see in theaters, but I might change my mind about one or two others and go see them as well. No promises. Anyway, the films I am definitely going to see are:

Lucy- July 25. 

This one looks cool. It's where these criminals surgically implant a bag of drugs inside Scarlet Johansson's belly, so she can transport them without detection. Unfortunately, the bag starts leaking, and instead of killing her, like I'm sure everything else would if this happened, it gives her access to more of her brain capacity, which basically gives her superpowers! Jeez! What sort of drugs is she transporting? If it does all that, then it must be the REALLY good stuff! Where can I find that? (joking. Don't send the DEA on me)

Hercules- July 25.

I like to call it, Hercules: Dwayne Johnson Edition. This one has to be better than the Legend of Hercules movie earlier this year. There is no way this one can be as bad or worse. It might not be fantastic, but everyone KNOWS it'll be astronomically better. While Dwayne Johnson isn't the best actor, he sure is a better Hercules than... whoever the heck they got to play the role in the last one. I think he was in one of the Twilight movies. When I look at that... stupid, untalented, ugly kid from the last movie, I don't see Hercules. Not a trace. When I look at Dwayne Johnson, I DEFINITELY see Hercules! He is the perfect guy to play the role in this movie! Will this be fantastic? Probably not, but I can guarantee it'll be a lot more fun and enjoyable than the other. 


And those are the only movies this month that I know I am going to see and review. I'm on the fence about seeing Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Planes: Fire and Rescue looks a lot funnier than I thought it would be, but I'd much rather wait until it comes out on rental. I'll figure out what I'm going to do before July 25th. I guess I'll review some bad sic fi films from the 50's or something. Or I could review bad sic fi films from recent years.... and I think I know JUST the studio with the most crappy films to choose from... oh yes.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment