Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pacific Rim 2, Skull Island, and Godzilla 2, and more details

News, announcements, and details about upcoming films all pouring in during San Diego Comic-con 2014. What do we have so far?




In terms of Legendary's sequel to Godzilla, we know that King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra are most definitely going to be in the film. That's awesome. It may very well be a remake of Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster (1964). It has all 4 kaiju from that movie, so why not? 

Although I was skeptical of those 3 kaiju being in the movie at all, I realized that it must be true. If you think about it, Legendary announced the sequel on the opening weekend of Godzilla's release. There's no way they would announce it so soon if they didn't have it all planned. So they may have had the rights to those 3 kaiju for a while now. Either way, I'm excited.


Legendary also announced their upcoming King Kong movie, titled: Skull Island. I don't know if this will in any way be related to Peter Jackson's 2005 King Kong. I know it won't be the same exact story a King Kong movie would have. With a title like Skull Island, it seems like it's going to be more about the island. I'm interested to see where they go with this.


Even more news about a Legendary film, this time it's Pacific Rim. I LOVE Pacific Rim. It's one of my favorite movies ever. Guillermo del Toro gave some information on the sequel in a recent interview. They will be expanding on the universe, and hints were dropped that they might go into more detail of the Anteverse (dimension where the kaiju came from). Not much of it was shown in the first movie, so it would be great to see more.

Of course, some of the characters are returning, but the main question was: "How are they going to do the kaiju and Jaeger fights if there are none left?" The answer is quite simply- "They'll make more." There will be a Gipsy Danger 2.0, which is great. I can only imagine how fantastic that'll look. There will obviously be new kaiju as well. The best news out of all of this is that there will be more fights in daylight. I personally had no problem with the night fights, but I know other people did.


Legendary has a lot coming out within the next few years. People are wishing for a crossover with Godzilla and the Skull Island movie. I don't see why they wouldn't. They have both Godzilla AND King Kong. This is the PERFECT opportunity for a Godzilla vs King Kong movie. They will never get another chance like this ever again. It's too good to miss. I'd see that $hit 37 times in the theaters if I could! Please, Legendary! This is your chance! Your ONLY chance! Do this for the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe it's already an idea in the works. Maybe they are planning a Godzilla vs King Kong. Would I be surprised if they go through with it? No. But everyone would be pi$$ed off if they don't.


There's not a lot of other news. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice got a teaser at SDCC, and I'm pretty sure Avengers: Age of Ultron got something as well. From what I hear, people went crazy at the Dawn of Justice teaser. Everyone kept saying this movie will suck, it's going to ruin everything forever, all that stuff. As soon as the teaser popped up, everyone went absolutely nuts. While I can't say I am too excited about some of the casting choices, I'm still going to see it. EVERYONE is going to see it. You know it, the studios know it, the filmmakers know it, and everyone who complained knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the highest grossing movie of the year. I'd be surprised if it wasn't, though!

The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies got a poster, but I don't think it has a trailer shown yet. 



If there are any more developments, I'll be sure to type something up about it. You may or may not hear it from some other source first, though. Anyway, these next few years are going to be great for movies, and you can be sure I'll be doing my best to be on top of it all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment