Monday, July 14, 2014

Battleborn- new upcoming video game- Trailer review

I know I have barely any video game reviews or articles on this blog, but this one caught my attention.




I don't normally follow video game news that much, or even have time to play them, for that matter, but once in a while, something gets my interest. This 'Battleborn' is one of those few instances. I only have a vague clue as to what it is. I keep seeing sources say it's a MOBA co-op/single player FPS. I know what co-op is, I know what an FPS is (first person shooter), and I've never played a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena). I have no idea what the gameplay is going to be like. I also would like to know if the co-op is optional or not. 

As for story, not much is known. From a brief description, it seems as though a band of heroes must put aside their differences in order to save the last star in a dying universe. Something along those lines. I love the stories of video games, sometimes more than the gameplay itself. This one seems new and creative. 

I'm also LOVING all the different art styles each character has. At least as far as the trailer goes, anyway. The differences between the characters don't seem to blend well together, which is a way to get across the idea of working together despite being so different. That's a nice move. I'm a very visual person. This type of So if these visual and gameplay styles can work together with each one staying unique, then that'll be freaking awesome.

I can't wait for some gameplay footage to come out. I'd like to know what I'm getting into. The developers of this game, Gearbox, also made the Boarderlands games. From what I've heard, a lot of people love Boarderlands 2. I've never played it, but I'll take their word for it. I know some people don't like those games, but it's all an opinion. The majority seem to like it anyway.

Gearbox, from what I've read, also made Aliens: Colonial Marines. Everyone I know said it sucked. I guess this is a perfectly good reason to crap on Battleborn before it even comes out. Yeah, people are already hating it. If it doesn't interest you, you don't need to parade about it. Just play something else. And every game company has one or 2 bad apples once in a while. That's like hating Pixar's guts because their last few movies haven't lived up to their standards. They still have fantastic movies, and they're still a good studio. No reason to hate Gearbox because of their few failures.

I know I'm looking forward to this. I'd have to get a PS4 in order to play it, since it's not for PS3, I don't have a PC and do NOT want an X-Box 1. If I do manage to ever get this, I'll review it. I don't know when it's coming out, but that'll all be revealed in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment