Sunday, January 19, 2014

Avengers review

It was the most anticipated movie of 2012, possibly the best superhero movie ever made, and one of my favorite films of all time. It’s the Avengers. Where do I even begin to review this? There’s so much to say about it, I don’t know where to start! I guess I’ll have to wing it.







The way that Marvel went about making this whole movie series was smart. They didn’t just throw out movies, hoping to make money off it. They didn’t give us an excess amount of superheroes in a poorly put together mess, only linked together with a few references. No. They spent the last five years planning this out, they took their time, they learned from any mistakes, they gave us the best superheroes possible, and they got Joss Whedon to put together this team in a flawlessly epic film.

Of course we have Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye, all coming together. The characters have to be the best part of this film. The ones that weren’t so relevant before are relevant now, like Hawkeye, who only got about 2 minutes of screentime in Thor. Every character serves a purpose, every character has an appropriate amount of dialogue and screentime, and every character is acted out perfectly. At first, they all kinda hate each other. They could have gone the easy way, with fighting for justice and the power of teamwork, but they go the smart way. All the different personalities are not going to be compatible at first. That’s what makes them so believable. That’s what makes audiences love them.

All the actors do an amazing job. They really deserved a few awards, especially Tom Hiddleston as Loki. He steals the show whenever he’s on screen. Definitely one of the best villains I’ve seen in a while. But, personally for me, the one that steals my attention is Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. If you read my Iron Man 2 review, you know how much I like her. In this movie, she’s even prettier (somehow), and she kicks more @$$. She’s just... very.... attractive....


The next best part is the action. It’s fun to watch. I can’t put into words how amazing it is to see the Avengers finally assembled, and fighting a bunch of aliens in New York. The visual effects are outstanding. I love looking at the destruction and explosions. I like those flying robot snake monster things. Their design reminds me of the big Decepticon ships from Dark of the Moon. In fact, that whole final battle kind of reminds me of Transformers 3’s Chicago fight. Aliens coming through the portal, just like the space bridge, and the giant snakes are just like the Driller. And the aliens die Phantom Menace style, when their main control station gets destroyed. Except this movie is much better, obviously. All the visuals, great characters, and the soundtrack really get the excitement going.

Time for the final verdict. I absolutely love this movie, and I can’t wait for the second one. But it will never be able to recapture the same feeling of seeing this assembly for the first time. I couldn’t believe how well put together this was. I can’t say anything bad about it. If you haven’t seen it, then you should. I give this one my highest rating.

FINAL RATING: 50 / 50
STORY: 5 / 5
ACTING: 5 / 5 

CHARACTERS: 5 / 5 
ACTION: 5 / 5
VISUALS: 5 / 5 

SOUNDTRACK: 5 / 5 
TONE: 5 / 5 
ENJOYABILITY: 5 / 5 
REWATCH VALUE: 5 / 5 
OWNING VALUE: 5 / 5

Not really much more to say about this one. Next review is coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment