Monday, May 19, 2014

Godzilla sequel in the works!

 I don't normally do updates on this kind of thing, because at this point in time I'm still a really small blog, so people would hear this before I tell about it, but I've been doing nothing but Godzilla since March, so why not?

Godzilla has made a HUGE amount of money on its opening weekend. Over $90 million in America, and a cumulative of $196 million worldwide. Godzilla has broken records for this year, and even it beat Iron Man 3's May release last year. With numbers like that, there will most definitely be a sequel, but I didn't think it would be announced so quickly! Warner Brothers and Legendary are already developing it! This is good news, because maybe this next movie will show more kaiju action. 

I'm looking forward to it. I'm guessing it will be either 2016 or 2017 at the latest. I'm hoping Toho will give the studios rights to more of their monsters. How cool would it be to see Rodan, or Anguirus, or Varan... or King Ghidorah?!? That would be awesome! 

We'll just have to wait a bit to see what they'll do. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment