Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thoughts on episode 1 of Resurrection (2014 TV series)

The first episode of the new series called Resurrection just premiered the night of writing this review, March 9th 2014. From what I saw of the ads, it looked really creepy. It should come as no spoiler that the plot is about three people, as far as we know, died some time ago, and for some reason, they're coming back from the dead. That's freaky. But it looked like it could be an interesting new show.




This first episode wasn't anything too spectacular, but it is intriguing. I'm going over it briefly, trying  to keep this as spoiler free as possible. It started with some American kid waking up in the middle of china. He's soon taken back to America, where the main character, who's name is Marty, if I remember correctly, gets him back home... only to find out the kid's been classified as dead for 32 years. The rest of the episode is just Marty, and the relatives of the kid, trying to find out exactly what the heck is going on, and the mystery gets deeper.


So far, I like the concept, I like the eerie feeling it had at points throughout, and I'm interested in what happens next. The characters are good, I like them, and even the child actor is decent. I've got no complaints at this point. This show looks promising, and I'll do my best to catch the next episode next week. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment