Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Avengers Phase 3 film lineup revealed!!!!

Marvel has revealed their film lineup for their Phase 3 Avengers films... and holy crap, is this awesome! I have little knowledge on what some of these storylines might be, but that's what patience is for. Anyway, let's take a look at the upcoming installments of the Marvel Cinematic Universe!







We already know that Ant-Man is the first Phase 3 film, being released soon after Age of Ultron. 



In case you don't know, Ant-Man is a scientist named Hank Pym that developed a suit that can shrink his size. In the comics, he could also become Giant-Man, using an altered version of the suit that makes him huge. However, in the film, it's not the Hank Pym character as the featured Ant-Man. Instead, it's the second character to take the suit and the title, Scott Lang. I'll admit, even with my limited knowledge of Marvel characters, I still wasn't too fond of that decision. But will that necessarily make it a bad movie? Not really. As long as it's well written and well acted, it should be fine. 

With all the news buzzing around about Ultron, you may have read that in the comics, he was created by the Hank Pym Ant-Man. Obviously, Tony Stark is going to be the main creator in the film. But I heard rumors that the Ant-Man movie will tie in with Ultron by acting as a prequel, but still carrying its own separate story. I don't know about that, but it's a theory I heard. 

In 2016, we have 2 films: Captain America 3: Civil War, and Doctor Strange. 






After fans speculating about it for the longest time, and the announcement of Robert Downey Jr. being in the third Captain America movie, we have confirmation that it will be... the Civil War. This is something I actually know about, so if you are uninformed, I will get you up to speed. 

The Civil War between the Marvel superheroes has 2 sides- one led by Captain America, the other by Iron Man. They're fighting for their ideals on what superhero rights should be. Iron Man wants all superheroes to be registered with the government, so they receive proper training for their abilities and are responsible for their actions. Captain America wants the superheroes to be free from registration and strictness of government. He doesn't want the heroes to have their lives interfered with. 

It's an interesting storyline, and I'm curious to see how it plays out on film. I can see why Iron Man would want heroes to register with the government. In the events of Age of Ultron, sine he basically created Ultron and caused a lot of destruction, he would most definitely feel responsible and feel as though other heroes should be held accountable for their actions so that nothing like Ultron ever happens again. That's the only real reason I can see for him conflicting with Captain America. It'll be cool to see how the movie tells the story. 

Captain America: Civil War will be released some time in May of 2016.

As for Doctor Strange... I have no freaking clue who or what he is. I read in an article that he protects Earth from mystical and magical dangers, but other than that, I don't know what his character is really like. I guess I'll have to see the movie to find out.




Doctor Strange will be released in November of 2016.

The year 2017 has a lot going on for it. 3 movies scheduled for release this year! I hope it doesn't get too crowded. 2 are usually enough for one year. 

The first movie to be released is in May with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. 



I absolutely LOVED the first Guardians of the Galaxy. There is no way I'm missing out on this one. I have no clue what the story will be, but I don't care! They could all be taking a $hit for the whole movie and everyone would still go see it! Just take my money now, Marvel. Take it. Love it. Make another movie with it. 

Next, in July, is Thor: Ragnarok. The only thing I know about this so far is that 'Ragnarok' is the Asgardian Apocalypse. That's all the information I can say, because that's all I know.





Next for 2017, we're getting one of my favorite Marvel heroes of all time- Black Panther!



That's the definition of bad@$$ right there. I first saw this guy in action in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, and he was my favorite character. His backstory is cool, too. His name is T'Challa, and he's from the fictional African country of Wakanda. He was the prince there. Wakanda had sealed itself off from the other countries of the world, since their country is rich in Vibranium, the same metal that Captain America's shield is made of. They don't want the outside countries exploiting their land because of it. After some tragic incident, his dad, the king of Wakanda, is killed. So, T'Challa inherits the Title of Black Panther, which is passed down every generation, and goes out to avenge his father's death. While doing that, he tries to get Wakanda to be a part of the outside world, and not so isolated. 

That may or may not be the basic plot of the movie, but I don't care. I cannot WAIT to see the Black Panther in his own movie. This is the one I'm looking forward to the most.


In 2018, there's going to be 3 films AGAIN! This better work out for Marvel... oh who am I kidding? Of course it will. People will be ignoring the DC movies for the most part. But I don't want to start a fan war, so I'll continue with the real news. 

In May, there will be Avengers: Infinity War Part 1. I have only a vague clue as to what the Infinity War is, and I assume it has to do with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. 



You'd think Marvel would follow this one up directly with Part 2... but no! They release a few more films in between this and part 2. I guess this will be the overarching story that goes on with the other movies between parts 1 and 2, while still having their own stories. That'll be neat. Speaking of, the other 2 films are- Captain Marvel and Inhumans.






The Captain Marvel character is actually a member of the alien species called the Kree, which was seen in Guardians of the Galaxy. A military captain, named Captain Mer-Vell, is sent to Earth for some reason (I for got what it was) and takes the form of a human. He becomes a hero on Earth, but some dumb@$$ doesn't hear him say his name correctly and he's called Captain Marvel by the public. That's all I really know. This is one of the films I'm not exactly excited for, but I'll still see it anyway.

Captain Marvel will be released in July of 2018.

Next is Inhumans, coming in November. 



I have no clue what the heck the Inhumans are. From what I've been told by a friend, they're all naturally superpowered humans. Kinda like the Mutants from X-Men, but not as well known. I guess since Marvel Studios doesn't own X-Men, they're using these guys as their replacement. I'd say they're the poor man's version of X-Men. I don't know about this one, to be honest. I'll go see it, obviously. Just the title image above looks interesting, but I just... don't know. We'll have to see it to pass judgement. 


And finally, in May of 2019, it's Avengers: Infinity War Part 2! It is my honest opinion that this may very well be the last installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I would assume it wraps up the Thanos plot line, and I don't know what more could be done after that. It may be the last. And I wouldn't be disappointed. All good things have to come to an end sooner or later. Let's hope and pray it remains a good franchise until the end, too. After 21 movies all together, I think it'd be time to call it done. 

That is it, everyone. What do you think of this lineup? Which ones are you excited for? feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment