Friday, August 8, 2014

The Other Woman (2014) Movie Review... why?

I’ve never really seen too many ‘chick flicks’, I’m not a huge fan of ‘chick flicks’, and I have never once reviewed a ‘chick flick’ on this blog. So why am I starting now, and why this one? Well, the reason is because I have no freaking clue. I could bore you with the details of how I came across this, but I don’t think anyone would want to read about the strange events of my personal life, so let’s just get this one over with.





Released earlier in 2014, the Other Woman is about these 3 women played by Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton, who find out this one guy is cheating on all 3 of them. So instead of making it simple and just divorcing him, the 3 team up to get back at him and make him suffer. Is it the logical choice? Not really. It sort of drags the whole process out unnecessarily. Is it fun to watch? … Yeah, it was pretty funny. I barely ever watch these types of movies, but this one wasn’t bad. If they went the logical route, it wouldn’t be any fun. Besides, the guy was cheating on 3 (or more) different women at once, so why shouldn’t they make his life miserable?

It’s entertaining to see the women get back at him. Some of the things they did were hilariously cruel, and I’m not ‘too manly’ to admit I laughed pretty hard when Cameron Diaz poured a few teaspoons of laxative powder in his drink, or some of the other punishments. The only downside is that it takes more than half the film to start getting back at him, and they don’t do it that much. I thought they would do more than what they did. But for what we got, it wasn’t terrible. It should have honestly only taken 25 minutes, maybe 40 at the most to set up the fact that this guy has been cheating on these 3 women, and the rest could have been the cruel and creative punishment the guy deserved, but that didn’t happen.

Some scenes dragged on for too long, some scenes were pointless. Some of the characters didn’t need to be there either, like Leslie Mann’s brother in the movie, and Kate Upton’s character. The movie could have held its own well enough with just Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann, but they decided to throw Kate Upton in there because…




Yeah. That. Well, technically, the right word would be those.

Kate Upton’s not a great actress, but she did alright in this one. Her character didn’t really need to be in there, though. She’s just there for….


Yes. Those. In her first scene of the movie, while she was running on the beach (conveniently in slow motion), only one thought came to mind: “... does it hurt to run?” It has to, right? There’s no way running with….


…. yes, those, would be not painful. Maybe a little, but I have no idea what I’m talking about anymore. I got on the subject of Kate Upton, and I got on another subject... okay two subjects that also had to do with Kate Upton, and... it was doomed from the start. I should just finish this review.

While it’s not a movie that needs to be seen (my review is several months late, so that should be proof enough), it has a few laughs to be found. I can’t say I’d ever watch it again, but I didn’t feel like my time was wasted too much.


FINAL RATING: 18 / 50
STORY: 2 / 5
ACTING: 3 / 5
CHARACTERS: 3 / 5
DELIVERY: 3 / 5
COMEDY: 3 / 5
SOUNDTRACK: Is this even important for a movie like this? I really should think of an alternate category to better fit different movies. But, I guess it’s worth a 1 / 5.
TONE: 3 / 5
ENJOYABILITY: 3 / 5
REWATCH VALUE: 0 / 5
OWNING VALUE: 0 / 5


I still have no idea why I decided to review this one. Just… whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment